I confidently work around and with your musculoskeletal, neurological, chronic, prenatal, or other conditions and limitations. During several enjoyable, exiting, and successful years of experience in a gym, I’ve worked with a variety of athletes. I prefer working from my home massage studio, but can also make house calls if required.
I frequently perform massage therapy onsite at venues for performing artists and production crews. A team of reputable and licensed massage therapists can be assembled, given enough advance notice, to fit your needs. In this capacity, Mama Earth Massage is a collective of individual therapists and has been the Massage Therapy Provider at Riot Fest from 2019 going forward providing service at two tents with eight therapists on staff!
- August 2021 – May 2024 (projected) – Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology – UIC
- August 2020 – May 2021 – Associate of Arts – City Colleges Chicago
- August 2016 – May 2019 – Physical Therapist Assistant Associates in Applied Science – City Colleges Chicago
- Spring 2018 – ACE Personal Fitness Trainer Basic Certificate – City Colleges Chicago
- January – October 2017 – Advanced Massage Therapy – City Colleges Chicago
Massage Therapy Modalities
|Swedish Massage for Relaxation||Chair Massage for Targeted Back Work|
|Deep Tissue for Therapeutic Benefit||Sports Massage with Assisted Stretching|
Why Mama Earth Massage Therapy?
Mama Earth Massage is a woman-owned, local, independent business started by me – a single mother of four children. When booking your session direct through a massage therapist, you will often get a better service than going to a spa or gym! Most massage providers at large, franchised spas or gyms are limited with the use of hot towels, essential oils, and hot stones. These sessions are frequently padded with time for an initial consultation as well as time for the client to disrobe and get dressed again – all of which cut into your hands-on time. Mama Earth Massage doesn’t do that. If you book a 60-minute session, you’ll get 60 minutes of hands-on massage therapy with no extra charge for hot towels. I can do house calls, travel to performance venues, or perform massage at my home studio. And, of course, you’re supporting a local entrepreneur practitioner.
Who’s Behind Mama Earth Massage Therapy?
I’m Laura and I’ve been obsessively studying anatomy, massage, and exercise & sports science since 2016. You can view an outline of my experience here. In 2017, I was the recipient of AMTA (Illinois Division) Student of the Year award. I graduated with my A.A.S. to be a Physical Therapist Assistant in May 2019, claiming the cohort award for ‘Excellence in Clinical Education.’
I haven’t always worked in healthcare. I’ve hosted events and much more. At trade shows, I’ve performed a variety of roles, from crowd gathering to food & beverage service. My promotional experience includes: guerrilla street team, product specialist, brand ambassador, promo model, product demonstrator and costumed character. I’ve done this for both tours and individual gigs. I’m fluent in French and Spanish and have degrees Computers & Information Science, as well as a certificate in Travel & Tourism. I’m putting all of these skills to work by currently doing my own: website design; marketing; and production. Also, I can set-up a badass Massage Tent for your next event by using some catering tricks to create pop-up ambience!
Mama Earth Massage Core Values:
- Enlist licensed, insured massage therapists with strong ethics.
- Provide massage therapy to all, regardless of budget.
- Protect the privacy and security of our clients.
- Welcome and treat each client as we would a family member or close friend.
- Respect our clients’ busy schedules by being punctual and efficient.
- Contribute positive energy to the massage service.
- Be sincerely interested in the well-being of our clients.
- Deliver desired results from massage services.
- Choose quality, earth-friendly products.
- Create the most relaxing overall aesthetic possible in which to perform onsite massage.
- Develop beneficial client relationships as knowledgeable health and wellness providers.
- Providing healthy food, autonomy in scheduling / services provided, camaraderie, exciting work destinations, and pooled resources for our affiliated massage therapists.
- Sharing experiences/tips/suggestions for making onsite massage the best it can be via regular staff meetups.
- Drawing upon experience with logistics and maintenance of onsite massage therapy in a variety of settings and conditions.
- Forging partnerships with complementary products promoting wellness and relaxation.
- Maintaining a network of industry professionals at a variety of venues and festivals to ensure efficient delivery of services.